Friday, May 28, 2010

Interview with Phyllis A. Wilson about anthology Many Paths, Many Feet



Phyllis, welcome to Reviews and Interviews. You're the driving force behind a new anthology call Many Paths, Many Feet, as well as a contributor with twelve other women.

Please tell us about Many Paths, Many Feet: An Anthology of Women's Stories.
Many Paths, Many Feet is an anthology of women’s stories written by 13 authors located in various locations in the US. There are 25 stories and poems, some are fiction and some are non-fiction. This book centers on four areas: reflection, unity, praise and inspiration...it will take you on a powerful journey of challenges and discovery!

How did the project come about?
I had written a non-fiction book and during the process thought to myself that everyone has a story. So I approached women that I knew about doing an anthology.

You mention it’s the first of a series. Can you tell us about what is coming in the future?
We may be looking to continue the journey with another anthology in the next year or two.

Do you write full-time?
I do write full-time now...but previously I worked full-time as a recruiter and have always wanted to write and get published.

When and why did you begin writing?
I used to write as a child in my diary and have done journaling off and on. I really began to focus on writing in June 2009.

Did you learn anything from creating the anthology? What was it?
Yes, I learned that managing a project of this magnitude requires creative leadership to engage people of various levels. That being said, I also learned that helping people realize their dreams is such a rewarding experience.

As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
Growing up I wanted to be a mother! I think it is the most important job one can have and I wanted to contribute to the upbringing of successful, well-rounded adults. I have three adult children now and one granddaughter.

Phyllis, thank you for your time. It's been a pleasure learning about you and the anthology.

To learn more about Phyllis, Many Paths, Many Feet, and the women behind the anthology, please visit their Web site. They can also be found on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments: